Dubai in a Hurry for The Apocalypse

Uh, the Elevator is out of order.
Sorry for the inconvenience
The city of Dubai to me has always been a mystery of some sorts. When I was younger, my Pakistani relatives would always mention it when going on trips and their eyes would light up when talking about the prospect of taking a trip their and going shopping at their vast markets. When I got a little older, my cousins from Oman would talk about getting expensive items like video game consoles, cars and such for "dirt cheap. Whenever I thought of the middle east, I always thought deserts, modest villages and such. But Dubai was an exception. They practically have the biggest and most gaudy anything, whether its their shopping malls, their indoor ski resorts, their sinfully huge buildings and artificial landmarks. 

I watched a special on the travel channel about Dubai about it's transformation to the "Arabian New York" and it is just mind boggling. I mean theirs more construction workers and contractors their than actual native citizens. There is also something being built that is more majestic and huge and ostentatious than the project built before it. Nuts, I tell ya! It's basically where the wealthy 1% of this world go to enjoy their riches and splurge on $1,000 morsels of food and get vertigo staying in a hotel that nearly touches space (an exaggeration). That Prince of theirs is always dumping money on another new project and he's hailed as some sort of Pope their. For a Muslim country, it's just weird.

Now I'm not complaining and condemning it completely. I'd love to go there and go sight seeing and revel in the extravagance, if that's on someone else's dime. I'd rather earn money to go to Hajj then throw my money away there. Every time I hear about a new project being constructed their and how they are just competing for the world's attention with their buildings, it reminds me of what the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) prophesied as a sign of the coming of the day of judgment which was, "When people begin to boast and compete with others in the construction of high-rise buildings (Bukhari)". No doubt that's happening all around the world and Dubai, a "Muslim" country no less, is in the lead with its grandiose and outrageously expensive projects. I mean, just look at some of this stuff!





The World Islands. 300 artificially created islands in the shape of the world. Each island will have an estimated cost of $25-30 million. Good Lord have mercy!


What is this? Final Fantasy?


Is this really necessary? Who's going to be working in this joint? Dunder Mifflin on the top floor?
The Burj al Alam, or The World Tower. Upon completion it will rank as the world's highest hotel.  I  want any hotel floor 70 and above, thats when gravity no longer exists!


Ready to play some Blitzball?

And that was just a few of the many projects in the works over there. Dubai is really in a hurry for the apocalypse. I'm not saying we stop it and condemn these actions or any of the other signs, they have to happen for the world to end. It's inevitable so why fight it? Keep going Dubai, waste that money!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating In Islam: Why Muslims shouldn't Date and why YOU shouldn't either.

6 Creepy "Muslim" Men All Women should Avoid

The Muslim Guide to Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse